Why Join APA RI?
The Rhode Island Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA RI) is a nonprofit education and membership organization. Members include professional planners, allied professionals, students from a variety of curricula and colleges, elected and appointed officials, planning commissioners, and interested citizens. Our mission is to positively shape the planning profession by providing a forum for the understanding and application of sound planning principles within the State of Rhode Island and to provide leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating and recognizing excellence in community planning. Our organization accomplishes our goals by advocating for the use of sound planning principles in community affairs; by educating practitioners on planning related topics; by facilitating communication and networking amongst members and associated professionals; and, by building the capacity of the profession to affect change.
Members are linked into a community of planners throughout the state and Southern New England and are able to participate in a wide variety of educational and social activities, including the annual conference, professional development activities, educational seminars, and social networking opportunities.
Join APA RI Today
Registration is provided through our National Organization at http://www.planning.org/join. When registering, please select APA RI as your Chapter Affiliate. We look forward to greeting you at our next event or program.
Benefits of APA RI Membership include:
- Becoming a part of the local planning community;
- Being recognized for your dedication, accomplishments and contributions to the planning profession;
- Networking opportunities with planning and allied professionals;
- Developing your skills and knowledge to grow as a professional planner;
- AICP and CM support;
- Advocating for better planning statewide and in the region;
- Chance to become more active in local planning initiatives;
- Discounts on registration to the annual Southern New England conference;
- Local chapter events like luncheons, workshops and special events such as the summer social, holiday party and awards program;
- Multiple professional development opportunities;
- Legislative networking opportunities;
- Notice of employment opportunities and RFP/RFQs;
- A connection to the American Planning Association and the AICP Institute.