Become a CM Provider
How to Become an AICP CM Provider
Registration as a CM provider begins with an annual $95 fee that enables your organization to register events for CM and publicize your organization as a registered CM provider for a period of one calendar year. You then select the payment plan or plans that best suit your organization’s training needs and for which you are eligible based on organization type.
Please note: Registration and payment plans are both non-refundable. Any non-annual unlimited plan may be upgraded throughout the year. Should you have any further questions, please contact AICP CM customer service at AICPCM@planning.org
. To learn more about how to become a CM provider, see: http://www.planning.org/cm/activities/regprocess.htm
Alternative Approach – Cosponsor with APA RI
The APA RI Chapter is already a CM Provider and leads multiple CM events for planning professionals each year. In addition, the Chapter has enjoyed partnering
with organizations, agencies and companies in order to create a valuable educational experience that qualifies for CM credit. One of the key benefits of partnering with APA RI on CM events is that the chapter can register the event and coordinate CM registration with APA National. Below are the steps involved on how your organization as a prospective partner may take advantage of the chapter CM Provider status.
- Important! The APA RI Chapter needs to be involved early in the planning/organizing of the program and/or speakers, etc. Contact information of Chapter’s Professional Development Officer (PDO) is provided on this site.
- Once the event details are determined, the prospective partner must fill out the Application for Certification Maintenance Credits for Workshops/Events [LINKS]
- As APA RI is already under a Payment Plan that includes registration of CM sessions, no fee to APA would need to be paid by the prospective partner.
- APA RI will submit the documentation for the event, with input from the prospective partner and the speakers (ie, their bio’s, etc.)
- APA RI would also promote the event via our Chapter’s newsletter, website, and email announcements.
Benefits of APA RI Cosponsorship
- AICP CM registration of your event by APA RI’s PDO.
- Promotion of the event to over 150 planning professionals within Rhode Island.
- Communication about the event on the chapter newsletter, website, email announcements.
- The inclusion of CM Credit for an event has shown to increase attendance by professional planners.
- Opportunity to celebrate the event afterward with a post-event article with photos in the chapter newsletter.
Requirements of APA RI Cosponsorship
APA RI kindly requests prospective partners to acknowledge the Chapter’s commitment towards the event by implementing the following:
- Insert the APA RI Chapter logo and APA/AICP CM logo on the event’s flyer, website, email announcement, and program brochure or other handout (to be provided).
- List how many CM credits the event is seeking (ie, “This event is being submitted to AICP for CM|2.0“) on conference material (brochures, handouts, website, etc.)
- Acknowledge the APA RI Chapter during the event when listing sponsors or supporters or partners.
For any questions about being a CM provider or having APA RI cosponsor an event, please contact the Chapter’s Professional Development Officer (PDO):
Albert V. Ranaldi, Jr. AICParanaldi@lincolnri.org